Wheel of Fate: Policies
Updated November 2023
All shop policies in place are subject to change at any time. Wheel of Fate reserves the right for the Manager on duty to interpret and implement the policies for any situation.
WORKSHOP AND APPOINTMENT POLICIES
The following policies must be agreed to upon reserving a workshop or appointment at Wheel of Fate. Failure to agree or adhere to these policies may result in the cancellation of your reservation and refusal of entry.
- All workshops are for crafters 13+ years old only unless otherwise specified. Wheel of Fate may provide occasional workshops for crafters 13 and under.
- All workshop attendees must make their own craft individually; two or more crafters may not work on the same craft without prior approval.
- All persons present during a workshop must have a reservation. Seats are only for attendees who have paid a deposit for the class, and the space cannot accommodate extra attendees or observers. For those with accessibility concerns, please contact us directly using the contact form so we can make arrangements in advance.
Scheduling & Attendance
- The workshop or appointment opens when the lead instructor invites attendees into the workshop room. Attendees who arrive early may wait in the front room while the instructors prepare for the workshop or reading.
- Attendees who arrive late may not join the workshop after instruction has begun. Those who miss their workshop may schedule to return for a new workshop or take home a kit-to-go. For latecomers to readings, the reader may (at their own discretion) permit the attendee to enter and give a reading for the remaining time in their slot. Please see "Cancellation Policies".
- Walk-ins are accepted after all attendees with a reservation have been checked in if there are cancellations or no-shows. Walk-ins are first come, first served based on who is physically present at the door when the workshop or appointment begins. Walk-ins are not guaranteed entry nor any number of spots for any workshop or appointment.
- Wheel of Fate reserves the right to cancel workshops or readings, or close the store at any time for any reason. Any crafters that paid for a cancelled class will receive a full refund.
- Customers who reschedule their appointments through the website are responsible for rescheduling ALL their appointments individually. The shop cannot accommodate mis-scheduled appointments, especially if the class is at capacity.
- Customers who book an appointment for the wrong location will not be given a refund. Please note, our shop is located at 63 Causewayside, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH9 1QF, United Kingdom. We cannot transfer your appointment to our Salem location.
- Wheel of Fate reserves the right to refuse visitor entry to a workshop or appointment for any reason.
- If we suspect you are inebriated, we reserve the right to refuse you entry, even if your workshop or appointment is "BYOB". This is for your own safety.
- Unacceptable behaviour, language, and discriminatory behaviour will not be tolerated.
- All supplies and crafts are subject to availability. At any given time, a product or craft may become unavailable for any reason.
- All supplies and products in the shop represent what is available at that time. There is no guarantee the shop has alternative, extra, or additional supplies and products backstocked or available for purchase.
- Many supplies and products are made-to-order in small batches by hand in the store. This may affect the availability of supplies and products. Concerns over the quality of an item may be discussed with the Manager on duty, without guarantee of replacement or alternatives based on backstock.
Cancellations & Refunds
- Cancellations for a workshop or appointment communicated via email or phone 24 hours in advance are eligible for a full refund.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of a workshop or appointment are not eligible for a refund. With approval from the Manager on duty, attendees in this case may take home a kit-to-go, and be refunded the difference in price.
- Absences for a workshop are not eligible for a refund, and will be considered cancellations subject to the cancellation and refund policies.
RETAIL AND SHOP POLICIES
- Wheel of Fate reserves the right to refuse a visitor entry for any reason.
- If we suspect you are inebriated, we reserve the right to refuse you entry for your own safety and ours.
- Aggravated actions, violent language, and discriminatory behaviour will not be tolerated, and we may ask you to leave on these grounds.
No pets are allowed in the store, with the sole exception being assistance animals. This is for the safety of your pets, as some of the plant matter we work with is toxic to animals. For the safety and comfort of all our visitors, this prohibition also applies to animals carried in bags or in arms.
Retail Return Policy
We have a 14-day return policy, which means you have 14 days after receiving your item to request a return if you change your mind.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase, available to you at the time of purchase via email or text.
To start a return, you can contact us at email@example.com. Please note that returns will need to be sent to the following address: Wheel of Fate, 63 Causewayside, Edinburgh, EH9 1QF
If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. The customer is responsible for paying return postage unless the item was faulty or mis-described. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
If your item is faulty or was mis-described, you have 30 days from receipt of the item to return it. Please get in touch with a description and photos of the fault. Email email@example.com
Please note that with dried flower bundles, a certain amount of fallout is to be expected (as described in the product listing), however we endeavour to get these to you as unscathed as possible by wrapping them safely in tissue.
Exceptions / non-returnable items
Certain types of items cannot be returned, like perishable goods (such as food, flowers, or plants), custom products (such as special orders or personalized items), and personal care goods (such as beauty products). We also do not accept returns for hazardous materials, flammable liquids, or gases. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on items made in our craft workshops, make-at-home craft kits, craft kit accessories, sale items, or gift cards.
The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
European Union 14 day cooling off period
Notwithstanding the above, if the merchandise is being shipped into the European Union, you have the right to cancel or return your order within 14 days, for any reason and without a justification. As above, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method within 10 business days. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.
If more than 15 business days have passed since we’ve approved your return, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.